Here at Arwel Parry, our ATA Accredited Technicians are qualified to convert your vehicle to use LPG.
LPG is a greener, cleaner, and cheaper fuel available in the UK today. Conversions from £1,200 + VAT
• LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas
• LPG autogas in the UK is Propane. LPG is also available as Butane.
• LPG autogas is by far the most widely available alternative fuel in the UK.
• There are over 1300 public access vehicle refuelling sites in the UK in addition to which many businesses have their own "bunkered" facilities.
• Research and testing conducted by Dutch research institute TNO concluded that the safety of modern autogas vehicles is in fact better than for petrol vehicles.
• LPG autogas is well established worldwide as an environmentally friendly transport fuel in use in over 12 million vehicles.
• There are over 7 million in Europe and in the UK the market has developed over the last 10 years to around 150,000 LPG vehicles on our roads.
• The UK market is predominantly cars and light commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes. Most petrol driven vehicles can be converted to run on LPG.
• Around 60% of the world supply of LPG comes from the separation of natural gas products, and 40% is a by-product from the refining of crude oil.
• The UK produces around 5.8 million tonnes of which over 2.5 million tonnes is exported. Increased use of LPG autogas will reduce our reliance on imported petrol and diesel.
Greener and Cleaner
• Compared with petrol and diesel, LPG is the best environmental alternative
• LPG is a low carbon content fuel that can reduce your carbon footprint
• LPG produces fewer harmful emissions that impact on local air quality
• Engine noise is low
• Less damage to soil and water in case of spills - LPG will quickly evaporate in the event of a fuel spill. Unlike petrol and diesel, there is no risk of ground or water contamination
• Savings of up to 50% compared with petrol and over 20% compared with diesel on fuel costs
• Cheaper road tax for some vehicles
• Discounts on London Congestion Charges
• Discounts on some car parking schemes
• See how much money and CO2 emissions you can save by converting your vehicle to LPG autogas - click here